2019 TOFGA Annual Conference
February 14-16, 2019
Corpus Christi, TX
Omni Hotel on the Corpus Christi Bay
Register now for the 2019 TOFGA Annual Conference! Hundreds of farmers, ranchers, and gardening enthusiasts are expected to attend from all over Texas to share ideas, network, build community, and have fun!
The conference includes two days of interactive learning sessions, plus multiple add-on pre-conference workshops and farm tours. Be sure to join us for the Friday Night Banquet featuring a delicious locally-sourced dinner and keynote speaker, Ellen Polishuk, a longtime down-to-earth vegetable farmer, farming consultant, author, and dynamic speaker. The banquet is not included in registration but can be added during the registration process. We are thrilled to offer full conference registrants up to two banquet tickets for just $35 each! Pre-conference events will be announced and available for registration later this fall.
TOFGA is a statewide non-profit organization focused on education and advocacy for Texas farmers, ranchers, and gardeners who practice organic and sustainable methods. TOFGA is run exclusively on membership dues and donations from the community. Please know that your registration fees are what allow TOFGA to put on this conference every year. Thank you for helping to make this event possible!
Friday Banquet Dinner & Keynote:
Honoring Resilient Agriculture
Join TOFGA for a delicious farm-to-table dinner and informative and inspiring keynote by Ellen Polishuk, a longtime down-to-earth farmer, farming business consultant, author, and dynamic speaker with a focus on sustainability, marketing, and profitability. Ms. Polishuk will share insight on resilient agriculture, especially as experienced in the Corpus Christi area during 2017's Hurricane Harvey.
Ellen leverages her 35 years of vegetable farming experience to help growers around the country to reach their farm dreams. She leads workshops and consults with farmers to improve their soils, labor management practices, and businesses to increase farm profits and achieve a joyful balanced life.
Ellen was one of three owners of Potomac Vegetable Farms in Northern Virginia where she grew produce for 7 farmers markets, a 550 member CSA, and two roadsides stands. Ellen is a co-author of the newly released book Start Your Farm. She also writes the farmer-to-farmer profile column for Growing For Market magazine. She and her husband live in suburban Maryland, where Ellen gardens as much as possible. We look forward to welcoming her to Texas in February!
The full conference schedule will be posted in the coming months. Be sure to plan for the following events:
- Thursday Pre-Conference Workshops & Farm Tours (Registration for pre-conference events is separate and not included in the full conference registration.)
Click Here for a listing of workshops and farm tours.
- Conference Kick-Off - Thursday 5:30-7:30 pm - Join the TOFGA Board and exhibitors for mixing & mingling, appetizers, and a cash bar. Additionally, research students will be on-hand to display and discuss their academic posters!
- TOFGA Regional Meetings
- TOFGA Members Meeting
- Annual Banquet Dinner & Keynote - Friday evening, dinner included, plus cash bar!
- Exhibitors Hall - Open Thursday 5:30-7:30, all-day Friday, and Saturday until close.
Conference Location & Lodging
The conference will be held at the Omni Hotel Corpus Christi, 900 North Shoreline Blvd. Corpus Christi, TX. The TOFGA group discount rate is $119, available until January 25, 2019 or when all rooms are filled. Book your room now at this link or by phone at (361) 887-1600!
Interested in Volunteering?
Volunteers complete 6-8 volunteer hours at the conference and receive a discounted Full Conference Registration and discounted banquet ticket. Submit a Volunteer Application today!
Registration Rates - Lower this Year!
Basic Member Level does not include discounts; Full Individual Level and above includes discounts. Join here!
If you are registering a guest, you will be invoiced for that person's registration costs.
Pre-Conference Workshops and Farm Tours
- Produce Safety Alliance Grower Training
- Food Safety Preventative Controls Alliance Facilities Training
- Corpus Christi Urban Agriculture Farm Tour
- Future Focus Farm - Livestock Production Tour
- Disaster Preparation, Response, and Resilience Workshops
- Introduction to Technical Skills at Del Mar College
- Aquaculture Research, Conservation, and Policy at Copano Bay
- Crop Planning with Spreadsheets Workshop
Click Here For More Details